Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What does ';personal responsibility'; mean to you, and how does that apply to making the world a better place?

Please think before you answer. What have you done to contribute positively to the progression of the human race, or do you take away from it with negativity and destruction?What does ';personal responsibility'; mean to you, and how does that apply to making the world a better place?
it's not black nor white. it would be wonderful to say that I contribute to the progression of humankind in a positive way and maybe I do..but no matter who we are, we are human, that is to say that we are an analgam of feelings, behaviors, and atttitudes that defies right or wrong, good or bad... I would hope that my legacy leans more toward the good, as do most..What does ';personal responsibility'; mean to you, and how does that apply to making the world a better place?
I believe I give. I am always there to help. I dont believe in destorying this world tho many are. I learn, love, and forget. I take what knowledge is given to me and I use it to help others. I believe in clean streets and children being able to play out front with out being kidnaped. I do all I can to help those in need and I think if others did to they would apperiate this world more. Life is how you make it.
Personal responsibility--means everything that I personally started, I must finish, therefore no-one else has to do what I failed to do and left in the way of others.
When I was a child I was taught to not rely on anybody and as a result I grew up with a significant amount of autonomy. I have always created environments where I was only ever responsible to myself. I actually got resentful when people would ask for my help, believing that all the gains I had made in life were down to my own efforts. I took a long time to discover that I had in fact been quite fortunate, getting the jobs I wanted because I knew how to work the system, having friend who would support me despite my eccentricities, etc. I thought it was enough that I wasn't actually causing harm. I still live on my own but I have come to realise what I owe, and so I am now contributing to the betterment of the world. In my own small way.
college/scholarship essay?


I know the feeling


thanks! I think I'll come here when I start applying, good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism