Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do you apply to be a credit union member?

My dad passed away 3 yrs ago. and our entire family belonged to a credit union where he worked which has been sold 2 or 3 times. I had $100 + dollars in this credit union which they have started charging me a monthly fee for what I imagine is in-activity and now it only has about $40 in the account. I would like to belong to another credit union which I pass by every day. How can I become a member. Do I have to go apply?How do you apply to be a credit union member?
To join a credit union, you must fit the ';field of membership'; which defines who can belong. Once you determine you are eligible to join, all you have to do is open a savings account with a small deposit that stays in the account as long as you maintain your membership.





You can call the credit union that you're interested in joining to find out if you are eligible. This information is often also online if they have a website.





Hope this helps. Good luck!





P.S. Be sure to close out the account(s) you have at the other credit union so you don't lose all of your money to inactivity fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism