Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do I apply Bernoulli's Principle to a paper airplane?

I dont know much the about Bernoulli's Principle so If I asked something stupid dont be mean on me.How do I apply Bernoulli's Principle to a paper airplane?
You鈥檒l need to create an airfoil shape to apply Bernoulli鈥檚 Principle. (A standard paper airplane without an airfoil just proves that you can make a barn door fly if you apply enough thrust.) The linked web describes how to build a paper airplane with an airfoil and correlates it to Bernoulli鈥檚 Principle, ';...as air travels faster [than surrounding air] across a surface, the air pressure against it is reduced...';





http://www.fatlion.com/science/paperairp鈥?/a>How do I apply Bernoulli's Principle to a paper airplane?
Attach the nose of the airplane to something rigid, like the edge of a table. Blow across the top of the plane with your breath or a fan. The plane should rise. This is because according to Bernoulli's principal, the fast-moving air has a lower air pressure than the still air, so it provides the plane with lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism