Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do I apply an enlisted conversion kit to my Army blue dress uniform coat?

I am an enlisted Army Reserve soldier, and I wish to wear a blue dress uniform to my wedding in October. AAFES only sells a plain variety of the Army blue dress uniform coat which must then be modified with either officers' rank and occupational specialty or with enlisted epaulets and sleeve braids. I purchased such an enlisted conversion kit along with my coat from AAFES, but because I live very far from the nearest military installation, I chose to ask my grandmother to modify the coat for me. She is able to apply the rank chevrons, sleeve braid, and service stripes, but she is at a loss as to how to install the epauelts without opening the sleeve seam at the shoulder, which she says will be incredibly difficult to accomplish. How do you correctly install the epaulets? (Yes, it is too late for me to order a jacket with factory installed epaulets.)How do I apply an enlisted conversion kit to my Army blue dress uniform coat?
You will need to bring the coat and the conversion kit to a tailor. When I got mine done, it took them about a week and cost about 70-100 dollars. I would not let my grandmother do it, but a professional. For the service strips and sleeve braid you have to open the sleeve also.How do I apply an enlisted conversion kit to my Army blue dress uniform coat?
The seams have to be opened!


I am sure a competent tailor shop in your town can sew the epaulets on correctly! (it will probably cost you extra)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism