Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do I apply ';brush strokes'; to a photo printed on canvas?

I have taken a photo and put a filter on it in Photoshop that makes it look like an oil painting. I am going to have it printed on canvas and then stretch and frame that canvas to look like a oil painting. To make it look more authentic, how can I apply some texture or ';brush strokes'; to it? I am not an artist, and the last time I painted was in art class more than 15 years ago. So, I'm looking for a fairly simple technique--if there is one.How do I apply ';brush strokes'; to a photo printed on canvas?
Try an acrylic ';Gel Medium. This is a transparent finish coat used in painting. It comes in varying degrees from a matte finish to a gloss. Try and match the brush strokes that were applied in Photoshop. I would also do some test runs on some smaller patches of canvas to get a feel for it.


Good luck.How do I apply ';brush strokes'; to a photo printed on canvas?
photo to canvas:


http://www.photoartomation.com


http://www.photoartomation.com/Print_Finishing/Canvas%20Stretched.htm


http://www.photoartomation.com/Print_Finishing/Canvas%20Unstretched.htm Report Abuse

add gesso to the canvas to make it white.. u should be able to print on it... u can lay the paint on a little think so that u have the brush strokes showing on the canvas. Also, when it's printed, add Varnish to make the picture shiny and more like a painting
try a transparent medium. i would test it out on canvas before applying to your photo. acrylic or oil will do. that will give you the brush stroke texture without affecting your photo too much.
Use the arcylic mediums by Liquitex or Golden called matte or gloss medium or any other similar transparent gel. Ask at the art counter.
Mix up paint and paint over it. Use acrylics (they dry faster) and match your colors so it becomes a paint by number sort of thing.
See the work of Andy Warhol for ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism